Makita® XMU04Z 18V LXT® Lithium‑Ion Cordless Grass Shear
The 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Grass Shear (model XMU04Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately) is a compact and cordless solution for grass trimming and cutting.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Grass Shear (model XMU04Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately) is a compact and cordless solution for grass trimming and cutting. The XMU04Z has dual blade action and a wide 6-5/16” cutting width, and delivers faster blade speed (2,500 strokes per minute/SPM) than the previous model. When using a fast-charging 18V LXT® 5.0Ah battery (sold separately), users will get up to 200 minutes of run time on a single charge. It has 3-stage adjustment so the cutting height can be matched to the application. Additional features include a rubberized soft grip handle, “tool-less” blade changing, non-electrolyzed nickel plated blades to resist staining and rusting, and a compact size at only 4.1 lbs. (with battery, sold separately).
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Over 3 hours of run time with 18V LXT® 5.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- Makita-built motor delivers 2,500 SPM for efficient cutting
- 6-5/16″ blade with dual cutting action for maximum efficiency
- Non-electrolyzed nickel plated blades engineered to resist staining and rusting
- Tool-less shear blade change for increased convenience
- Easy to operate 3 stage cutting height adjustment (9/16″, 3/4″, 1″)
- Ergonomic rubberized soft grip engineered to absorb vibration for more comfortable operation
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
|Dimensions||7.2 × 8 × 14 in|
|Cutting Capacity (width)||
|Depth Adjustment Range||
9/32″, 25/32″, 1″
|Strokes Per Minute||
18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
|Net Weight (with battery)||